- Is your name important to you?
- Did your parents choose your name(s)?
- How did your parents choose your name(s)?
- Does your name have any special meaning?
- Is your name common or unusual in your country?
- If you could change your name, would you?
- What are you studying?
- What’s your major?
- Why did you choose that subject?
- What do you find most interesting about your course?
- What is your favorite subject?
- What do you dislike about your study?
- What do you hope to do after your graduation?
- What are your ambitions for the future?
- Do you hope to gain any qualifications?
- What are the advantages of studying instead of working?
- Can you describe your job to me?
- What do you do for a living?
- How long have you been doing it?
- Can you describe one of your typical working days?
- What’s your daily routine on a working day?
- Why did you choose to do that job?
- What things do you enjoy about your work? Why?
- What do you think is the attraction of your work?
- What is your ideal job?
- Do you want to change your current job? Why or why not?
- Are you willing to keep your job permanently?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Can you describe your town or village to me?
- Tell me something about your hometown.
- Where are you from?
- Where is your hometown?
- Where do you come from?
- What is the name of the street you live on?
- What kind of street do you live on?
- What do you like about your town?
- What is the weather like in your town?
- What building is considered famous in your town?
- What jobs do people in your town do?
- How has your town changed over the last twenty years?
- What changes have taken place in your city in recent years?
- Do you think it is better to live in the center of town or outside in the country? Why?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- How much time do you have each week for doing these things?
- Why do you like doing these activities?
- How did you start doing this activity at first?
- Is there some other hobby or sport you would like to try? Why?
- How has the way people spend their free time changed over the years?
- What do you do when you have a holiday?
- Who do you usually spend a holiday with?
- Where do you like to spend your holidays? Why?
- Can you describe a typical day in your holidays?
- Why are holidays and important to you?
- If you could take a holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
- What do people usually do during holidays and in your town?
Places to go in your free time
- What do people do in your town in their free time?
- Where can they go out for entertainment, or enjoy themselves?
- Which do you prefer: eating in restaurants or eating at home?
- Which are the best places to eat out?
- How did you come here today?
- What is public transport like in your town?
- How do you think it could be improved?
- Do you think people should use public transport more? Why (not)?
- How much time do you spend shopping every week?
- Do you enjoy going shopping? Why (not)?
- What is your favorite shop and why do you like it?
- What problems are there with shopping in your area?
- Can you describe the house where you live to me?
- What is there to do in the area where you live?
- What do you like about the area where you live?
- How do you think it could be improved?
- Do you think it is better to live in the center of town or outside of the country? Why?
- Do you enjoy reading? Why?
- What sort of things do you read?
- Tell me something about your favorite book.
- What are the advantages of reading instead of watching television or going to the cinema?
Sports and games
- What sports are most popular in your country?
- What sports and games did you most enjoy playing
- when you were a child?
- Do people take as much exercise as in the past?
- Why is exercise good for you?
- Do you usually make your friends laugh?
- Are you the kind of person who makes people laugh?
- When was the last time you laughed?
- In what situations do people laugh?
- Do you like to make people laugh?
- Do you like watching funny TV shows?
- Do you think it’s important for friends to have the same sense of humor?
- Do you like going to museums?
- Have you ever been to an art gallery?
- Are there any paintings on the wall of your bedroom?
- Are you good at art?
- Did you learn art at school when you were a child?
- What kind of art do you like?
- Is art popular in your country?
- Have you ever been to an art gallery?
- Do you think children can benefit from going to art galleries?
- When you were a child, did you enjoy learning history?
- Have you ever been to a museum to learn about history?
- Have you ever watched movies related to history?
- When was the last time you read a book about history?
- Do you think history is important?
- Do you like Science?
- Did you enjoy learning Science in primary or high school?
- Do you think it’s important to study Science?
- What kind of science did you learn at school?
- Who do you trust most?
- What kind of people do you trust?
- Have you ever lost trust in somebody?
- Do you trust artificial intelligence?
- Do you wear makeup often?
- What does wearing makeup mean to you?
- Do you give a makeup kit as a gift?
- What do you think when you see a man wearing makeup?
- What kinds of things make you tired?
- What do you do when you feel tired?
- Whom do you usually talk to when you feel mentally tired?
- Do you like to talk to strangers when you feel mentally tired?
- Do you recycle stuff?
- Did you recycle when you were a kid?
- What kind of things do you recycle?
- How do you feel when you see trash lying on roads?
- Is it important to have recycled bins?
- Will you recycle in the future?
- Do you influence others to use recycle bins?
- Do you like singing?
- When do you sing?
- Do you have a favorite song you like to sing?
- Will you take singing lessons in the future?
- Did you enjoy singing when you were young?
- Do people in your country like singing for entertainment?
- How do you usually spend your weekends?
- What do other people in your hometown (or in your country) usually do on weekends?
- Did you do anything special last weekend?
- What will you do next weekend?
- Which is your favorite part of the weekend?
- Do you think weekends are long enough?
- How important do you think it is to have free time at the weekends?
- Do you like the changes? Why?
- What do you plan to change next year?
- Are there any changes to your work?
- Have you changed a lot since your childhood?
- Are there any positive changes in your country these days?
- What kind of people are celebrities in your country?
- Who is your favorite celebrity in your country?
- Have you ever seen a celebrity in real life?
- Why do you want to meet a famous person?
- How do celebrities influence their fans in your country?
- Do you like any foreign celebrities?
- Would you like to be a celebrity?
- Are there many animals or birds where you live? [Why/Why not?]
- How often do you watch programs or read articles about wild animals? [Why?]
- Have you ever been to a zoo or a wildlife park? [Why/Why not?]
- Would you like to have a job working with animals? [Why/Why not?]
- What would you like to change in your daily routine?
- Are all your days the same?
- Tell me about your typical weekday and your typical weekend.
- What is the balance of work/study and free time on a normal day?
- Do you have a large family or a small family?
- Can you tell me something about them?
- How much time do you manage to spend with members of your family?
- What sorts of things do you like to do together?
- Do you get on well with your family? [Why?/why not]
- Tell me about the most important festival in your country.
- What special food and activities are connected with this festival?
- What do you enjoy most about it?
- Do you think festivals are important for a country? [Why?]
- Do you have many friends?
- How often do you go out with friends?
- Tell me about your best friend at school.
- How friendly are you with your neighbors?
- Which is more important to you, friends or family?
- Do most people live in houses in your country?
- Describe your hometown.
- Where is your hometown located?
- What is it known for?
- Has your hometown changed much since you were a child?
- Are there any changes you would like to make in your hometown?
- Is it easy to travel around your hometown?
- What do you like about your hometown?
- What do you not like about your hometown?
- How has your hometown changed over the years?
- How long have you been living there?
- Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
- Which social media websites do you use? [Why?]
- How much time do you spend on social media sites?
- What kind of information about yourself have you put on social media? [Why?]
- Is there anything you don’t like about social media? [Why?]